Introduction to Collage
As a student, you have most likely created a photo collage about yourself or for a class project. We are also starting this semester with a collage! Get excited!!!!! However, your collage will be well thought out, developed and a completed artwork.
Project Objective: I will create a collage that repeats an image, shape or design at least 25 times.
– Make sure all elements are aesthetically cohesive.
Aesthetically Cohesive: All elements go together!
– Must have a thought out composition
Composition: How your artwork is arranged or the layout of your artwork.
– Must repeat an image, design or shape at least 25 times
|Craftsmanship ____ /25 points||Collage reflects student care, consideration and use of thoughtful decision making and precise gluing/cutting.||Collage demonstrates thoughtful decision making but lacks caring presentation.||Collage reflects little to no care or consideration.|
|Time/Effort _____ / 25 points||The collage demonstrates focus, intention and creative thinking.The collage contains a developed composition and is aesthetically cohesive.||Collage demonstrates intention but lacks experimentation.The collage contains a developed composition OR it is aesthetically cohesive. Both are not present.||Collage lacks focus and reflects minimal intention. A developed composition is not present. It is not cohesive.|
Please click on an image and flip through the sample collages below:
Collage Art vs. Photo Collage
Collage art is very different than collages you have previously created. Please complete the worksheet below and demonstrate knowledge gained yesterday.
Start Working: Work quietly until clean-up.
Clean Up Procedures:
– Please make sure your name and class color is on your collage.
– Place in-progress work on a drying rack or in you class color drawer or shelf
– Any collage pieces you’d like to save can be placed in a plastic bag. Put your name on the plastic bag and put it in the drawer.
– Throw out any scraps that are smaller than your hand!
Find a collage artist